- 2 1/2 cups milk of your choice
- 1/3 cup gluten free white chocolate chips
- 2 gluten free Chai tea bags of your choice
- Whipped cream and cinnamon to garnish (optional)
- Place the milk in a medium sized sauce pan. Heat the milk to a simmer over medium heat. The milk should be steaming, but not boiling. Stir occasionally to ensure the milk is heating evenly and not burning.
- Turn off the heat and allow mixture to sit for 5 minutes to let the flavors blend.
- Reheat again until hot, then strain mixture through a fine mesh
- Remove the tea bags, and stir in the melted white chocolate. stir vigorously until melted and smooth
- Divide between two mugs, and top with whipped cream and a sprinkle of cinnamon (if using).
Heat milk in a small pot over medium-high heat. Add tea bag (make sure to keep tag away from the burner!). Once milk begins to steam and bubbles start to form, turn heat off.
Let tea bag steep for 2 minutes. Press tea bag between a spoon and the side of the pot to wring any liquid from it and dispose of bag.
Turn heat to medium and stir in white chocolate until melted and drink is smooth.
Transfer to an 8-ounce mug and top with whipped cream and a sprinkle of cinnamon if desired. Enjoy!
*For a richer drink, you can add a splash of heavy cream to your measuring cup before filling it the rest of the way with milk.